Created and hosted by the Ninja himself, Alex J. Cavanaugh, the Insecure Writers Support Group posts the 1st Wednesday of every month. Click the image to learn more or sign up.
Thanks for stopping in today. It really means a lot, especially since I’m so insecure at the moment. This is probably one of the few times in my life that my anxiety is completely self-imposed. I haven’t done a good job a following through lately, which is not like me, and I’m afraid it may be too late. Whether there’s still time or not, I’m going to make every effort to finish what I’ve started. If I fail, hopefully I’ll at least learn something from it.
1) I’ve been meaning to start my author interview series again. I have several interested, but I’ve dropped the ball. I will try reaching out to the interested parties this week.
2) I’ve been blindsided in my priorities. I have several WIPs going, as do many writers, but I’ve become a little distracted with the task of attempting to illustrate 5 children’s books I’ve written. It’s all a matter of discipline and time management, but still…
3) I recently tanked on a very rare opportunity. I don’t really want to talk about it because I’m still very disappointed in myself. Part of me feels like if it was truly meant to be, I would have made it happen and another part of me feels like that the opportunity presented itself once, I’m willing to wait however long for it to present itself again. (I’m trying not to beat myself up too much even though I know I messed up.)
4) I’m hoping to finish the 3rd part of my Eternal Curse Series by the end of summer so I can start sending it out to betas (assuming I can find some betas).
5) I’m so looking forward to my summer vacation.
Have you dropped the ball recently?
Got any illustrating tips?
Any big plans for the summer?
After hanging out with Alex, be sure to stop by and visit this month’s co-hosts:
Chemist Ken, and
Click here to visit other IWSG blogs and sites to receive and share more inspiration and support. (This month, I’m #79).
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you like it let me know and share it with others. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #thetoiboxofwords