Sacrifice (Gryphon #3) by Stacey Rourke
I give this book a 4.
Okay, so the Conduit of the Gryphon has always been terrified of garden gnomes and now she has a reason for it, but I’m jumping ahead of myself.
Let me go ahead and tell you why I didn’t give this great story a five and then move on. Celeste is great, she really is, but her dim-wittedness is starting to drive me crazy…that’s it. I wish the Gryphon would make her smarter.
There is so much I want to say, but I usually make a point not to give away spoilers, so bear with me. I’m just going to list a few things I wish I could elaborate more on.
1. Love continues to be in the air for the Garret family, but not for too long.
2. The title is soooo fitting, it’s almost sad just how much so.
3. Mom finally shows up for a while.
4. There is another really cool conduit to meet, thus my specification in the first sentence. Go back and take a look and see my subtlety.
5. The mystery, or lack thereof, concerning Alex keeps developing…Again, here’s why I wish Celeste was smarter.
6. Titans in this mythology are very different from others I’ve read, but I’m liking them for what they are.
7. There’s something about blondes in this series.
And lastly, I’m ready for this war to finally start.
On a personal note, I’m sad that the book covers are changing with the release of the fourth book. I liked the old covers.
Now back to those gnomes…no that would give too much away.
See my review of book 2 in The Gryphon Series, Embrace.
This review has been posted to GoodReads.
If you’d like to obtain a copy of this book, try this link.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you like it let me know and share it with others. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #thetoiboxofwords