This is very unexpected, but here I go…Usually when I post an Author Insights, I have a specific topic I want to discuss or an issue I want to address. Today’s post is a bit rare. You see, I’m actually going to talk about myself for just a little while. I don’t like talking about myself, my work for sure, but not me. It just so happens that I have a few things I want to share.
1. Today the kind folks at WordPress were nice enough to inform me that I’ve received 500 likes on my blog. This may seem like small potatoes to some of you, but to me it’s a big deal. For so long I’ve wanted to interact with the blogging community, but couldn’t quite seem to find my place. Then I did a complete overhaul on my blog. I stopped trying to do all the popular things everyone else was doing, because it worked for them, and started doing what works for me. I’m so glad I did. I’ve made so many new fans and friends. Thank you all.
2. I recently received my first consumer review for my ebook, 40 Days and Nights of Eternal Curse. Again, that may seem small to some of you, but to know that at least one person has read it and appreciates it, means so much to me. It really is a cool, fun, little read. A new edition of this book is now available; see notice below.
3. It’s getting closer and closer the end of voting for The Author Show’s “50 Great Writers You Should be Reading” contest and I’m a little nervous. My world will not be shattered if I’m not one of the finalists who makes it into the publication, but how cool would it be I if did make it. I’m doing everything I can to keep from thinking about it constantly.
4. I’m really excited about trying to independently release my short story collection and novella in time for the holiday season. I just hope I can work it out. I’m really excited to give everyone a chance to see some of the other ideas I have rolling around in my head. Unexplained and The Legend of the Boy, should be nice little reads for those who are interested.
5. I’m excited about the possibilities for self-promotion that keep presenting themselves. I spend so much time promoting others that I sometimes forget to promote myself. I guess it’s just easier for me to shine the light on others, but I feel as though I’ve made some good connections that I won’t be too shy to open up to, sometime in the near future.
6. I’m still trying to get a grip on social media. I have twitter and use it, but I just don’t feel comfortable there. I love spending time on my blogs and I’m trying to engage better on Facebook, though I know most people have had it with FB. I’m not giving up on it just yet. I’m trying to start up some conversations and interaction on my page, but we’ll see how it goes.
7. Lastly, I have a birthday coming up very soon. I’m actually excited this year to not be doing a whole lot for my birthday, other than baking cup cakes for my friends. I know it sounds weird, but I like to bake and like seeing people smile after eating one of my cup cakes…I’m pretty content right now. I’m excited about things that are happening with my book, Eternal Curse, and life could be so much worse than it is now, so I’m grateful and blessed to be where I am. A new edition of this book is now available.
If you found this post to be a bit boring, don’t worry it’s not likely to appear again for at least six to twelve months. If you enjoyed this, check out my FB page. I’ll be making an effort to post more updates there to keep anyone who wants to know, in the loop.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you like it let me know and share it with others. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #thetoiboxofwords